routerlogin.net - Netgear Router Setup Guides
Which ip address for Netgear router (192.168.1.1) or (192.168.0.1)
Find IP address of Netgear Routers
There can be many reasons behind the situations when we lose or forget the IP address of our router. It could be due to the bad quality of the printed sticker that damages after sometimes or during unboxing the product.
Getting the web-interface of the router is very important for you because only after reaching to the web-interface you can further perform the configurations of your Netgear router login, like password setting, User ID setting, blocked devices settings, etc.
Although there can be many ways to get the IP address of your router, but here we are going to explain the simplest and easiest methods to be tackle by the freshers as well.
- To download the suitable app: The first technique is to go to the play store of your device or the web-browser and look for a suitable application that can provide your product-related IP address. There are so many apps available in the online hub and are reliable also. These apps are capable of finding the IP address of your router as well as for the other routers and devices in your WIFI network.
- 2. To attain the basic knowledge: The second way is to get the basic knowledge about the computer and router settings from http://www.routerlogin.net as you have to use window command prompt while setup process, so it is must have the basic knowledge about the technical terms of the router and computer LAN, WAN, IP, MAC, etc.
IP Address 192.168.1.1
Routerlogin.net is the customized web address by dint of which you can enter into the central interface of your router, whereas the 192.168.1.1 is the IP address that comes by default for all the NETGEAR routers. It allows the network administrator to configure their routers and WIFI networks. These two dimensions are required to set up a lot of features, such as IP address, Password, DNS settings, Proxy Settings, LAN and WAN settings, DSL and ADSL settings, MAC cloning, and WPS block, etc.
IP Address 192.168.1.1 Login steps
- You may access your router ADMIN through a 192.168.1.1 IP address of your NETGEAR router. Using this you can also change the default settings along with the configuration of your router.
- Into the address bar of your device browser input the common IP address of your router in the following manner: http://192.168.1.1 or just go for 192.168.1.1
- In case you see errors while this logging process, on your screen of the end device, then just enter www.routerlogin.net at the web address bar and know the solutions.
- After getting the correct resolution or the web URL, you need to enter that, in the address bar of your router as another effort.
- After introducing the exact credentials into the web browser’s address bar, you will be redirected to the Admin’s login panel.
- Later on, just after this admin panel, you must enter another detail into that window that is the username and the password.
- After getting into the web-based interface of your Netgear router Login you can manage any settings and configuration very conveniently.
How to Reset Admin Password for Netgear routers
We should enable the password reset feature if we wish to change the password for our router’s username admin. It will help you to reset the password of the admin panel, in case it has forgotten. This process can easily be performed, through various web browsers, like internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, etc. except the Safari browser.
To reset the password, follow these steps;
- Go into the navigation bar of your browser and type routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.net and click cancel.
- If you would have enabled the password recovery option, then you will be prompted to enter the serial number of the router.
- Get the serial number of your router to form its outer layer or the outer panel. Check the printed slip that has stuck to the back or top of the router.
- Take this serial number and enter on the page that you see on the device screen, and tap continue.
- A new screen will now be opened on your computer screen, asking to answer a few of the security questions.
- If these questions are not suitable for you, then click “Set new Security questions.” Then answer these security questions.
- Answer the saved answers to these security questions click continue. A new screen will ask to enter the new password that you wish to set for your router.
- Enter the new password, and click confirm. Now you have to set new answers to the security questions and click save.
- Click next to get the next level of this process. Now a screen will be opened to your device that will carry the information that you have successfully reset the password.
- Now click login, to log back into the router with the just set admin password.
How to Update Netgear firmware File
To improve the efficiency and the performance of the product, Netgear keeps on updating the firmware periodically. It also adds many latest features to your router and removes the malfunctioning of the router. To get the latest features and to improve the work performance of your router, make sure that it is running with a new firmware version. Manually perform these actions to get the updated firmware version in your NETGEAR WIFI router.
- Connect the device that you have for the firmware update, using the Ethernet cable, with the router.
- Unlock the web browser and click the navigation bar to enter www.routerlogin.net, you can mention the IP address, like http://192.168.1.1.
- On the next page (Login Window), enter the username that is ADMIN by default, into the SSID tab.
- Then enter the password that is again Admin by default, at the password tab, and then click OK. On the home page with the help of the menu tab, go to
- ADVANCED, then
- ADMINISTRATION, then
- SETTINGS, and then
- hit FIRMWARE UPDATE or ROUTER UPDATE
Click check for latest firmware update, if you find any firmware release for your product, then hit the UPDATE option to update the firmware at that time.
Steps to manually get the Firmware update
- Go to the official web link and get the official home page of your NETGEAR router’s product manufacturer.
- On the home page, type the model number of your router and find the latest released firmware version.
- Click download to get the zipped firmware file with the latest version into your system.
- Save this zipped file anywhere you feel safe to bring back when needed. The downloaded file will have a name with some short extension.
- After that, go to the configuration of your router. Login to the web-based interface of the router and get on the basic home page.
- From the home page, go to “Advanced” then “Administration Settings” and then “Firmware Update.”
- Bring the file here, that you just saved on your computer. Click the browse option to upload the file. After that, the firmware will start uploading to your router.
- It will take some time, maybe up to five to eight minutes. So, sit patiently and wait till it gets completed.
- Do not interrupt the firmware upgrade process, else you will lose the entire configuration of your router, and the firmware will get corrupted.
- Then you have to perform the entire steps from the begging.
Change the WIFI Password with Following Steps
- To change the WIFI password or network name of your NETGEAR router, click and explore an internet browser on your device.
- Navigate the search bar of the browser to routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.net
- immediate after this custom weblink introduction, a login window will be exposed on the screen to take you to the home page of your router.
- The default username of your router is admin, so enter admin at the username or SSID field.
- Next, you have to enter the password that is again admin so, enter admin at the password locus, and then go to next.
- Now you are on the home page of your router. From this basic and customized home page, go and hit the option WIRELESS.
- Enter the new network name and WIFI password just beside the tabs “SSID” and “PASSWORD” on the page.
- The password needs to be entered two times, to avoid the conflicts, and click SAVE or hit the TAB Apply to secure the changes.
How to solve 192.168.1.1 access error
If you are facing problem to access the IP address of your router, then do not try to type it. As while typing the IP address into the address bar of the browser, it is common that people do mistakes. The simplest and easiest way to access the default IP address of your router without typing it manually is to use a web browser that can work with any device. The browser should carry such a standard compatibility that supports every router from any manufacturer except the iOS devices. Because for iOS users, there is a separate web browser that would not function in any android devices.
Before starting the process, make sure that your device is already connected to the WIFI network of the router, and is powered on. Ise Ethernet connection to access the IP address of your router.
Visit to routerlogin.com using a web browser of your device.
Find the IP address of your router, using the “Auto Detection Router IP Address” box
Click the option “Open to Login”, and it will open the login window of your router, automatically.
Then you can insert the username and the password to get the interface of your NETGEAR router.
To increase the security of our router, we need to modify the password and the user name. The admin password is not the same password that we use to access the WIFI network of our home. That is why to change the Netgear router Admin password, steps and procedures are different than to the default one. Let us initiate to change the admin password of my router.
Launch the web directory and go to the top navigation bar. There it is needful to enter the web address.
That web address is customized to provide you the login page of your router, directly is routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.net
When you have the login window on the device screen, then pass into the username and password of your latest NETGEAR router.
As we have already told you the default password and the username are admin, so input these credentials, and click to go next.
On this home page, you have to hit the option advanced, then go to “administration” and then select “Set Password.”
Type here the old password first, and then type the new password. Type the new password two times.
If you want to get recovery of your new admin password, then make sure to enable the option “Enable Password Recovery” and then tap APPLY to save the changes.
Find the SSID of your Netgear router
To get the SSID of your Netgear router, first, check the following items that carry the default SSID of your router. It comes with the product when you by it.
- Owner’s Manual.
- The cox welcome kit or the booklet.
- Label of your WIFI modem or the router.
- Check the hardware of your Netgear router to get the SSID.
Use the most common and standard WIFI name and password while trying to login to your router’s web-interface. The most common username or the SSID is ADMIN whereas the most common password is either PASSWORD itself, or ADMIN.
Some of the router use blank as default password while processing the login page. If you can connect with the network using these suggestions and tricks, that means the SSID that you have used is correct. If you do not get connected to the network, then follow the next trick or the resolution. Open the web directory form your device that is already connected to the WIFI network.
In the search bar or the URL locater bar, enter any one of the following IP address of the gateways;
- http://192.168.1.1, or
- http://192.168.0.1, or
- http://192.168.0.254, or
- http://192.168.1.254, or
- http://www.routerlogin.net, or
If the above-mentioned URL and the IP addresses are not helpful for you, then check the user manual of your product or call to your ISP. If the default login credentials have been changed by you, then you need to contact the device manufacturer.
If you are logged in, then complete the following actions to locate the SSID of your Netgear Wireless router. The location of these details can vary from model to model.
- Go to the menu tab, then click “Basic Settings” and hit the option “Wireless.”
- Under the setup, you should tap the next tab that is “Wireless Settings.”
- The network name can be found in the section of SSID the password will be found in the below locations;
- If you have WEP encryptions, then your current wireless-password will be located in the field of “Key ‘1’”
- If you have WPA/WPA2 encryptions in your router, then the current wireless password of your router will be located in the field of “Passphrase.”
If still, you are not able to get the SSID of your router, then you must go to routerlogin.net to get the best solution for your trouble. There the experts are tech specialized and will give you the most relevant and reliable answer to your question.
Netgear N600 Cable modem Reset process
There are a lot of situations in our life when we forget the user name and password of our Netgear modem. When we forget the user name and password of our Netgear modem, then the last option to recover the password is to reset the modem to its factory default settings. While making the modem reset to its factory default settings, it is important to keep a backup of entire settings. If you are using a Netgear modem router then the entire configuration settings of the modem are kept secured within the modem router in the form of a configuration file.
How to backup Netgear Modem settings
- To back up the configuration settings of your Netgear Modem do follow the below-listed process.
- From the computer which you have associated with the routerlogin.net WIFI network launch a web browser.
- Type http://routerlogin.net or https://192.168.1.1 in the search bar of the web directory. A login screen will have appeared on the screen.
- Now you should enter the user name and password of your Netgear modem router. Both the information is case-sensitive.
- Select the following options one by one ADVANCED>ADMINISTRATION>Backup Settings>then hit the Back-Up button.
- When you would be prompted to press the restore button, then press it and select a file to save the restored file.
How to reset Netgear Modem Router?
- To reset your Netgear modem router, you need to launch a web browser from the computer in the same way you launched to login to your Modem router.
- In the Addy of the web browser input some of the basic login address, like www.routerlogin.net or http://routerlogin.net
- On the prompted login window of your NETGEAR modem, enter the user ID and the passphrase. The user ID and the passphrase are case-sensitive. Use admin and password for both the required keywords.
- On the Basic Home screen of your router select ADVANCED>ADMINISTRATION>Backup Settings.
- Under the section of backup settings, you will find an option for ERASE/RESET all configuration. Click this option and your Netgear Modem will be back to its original factory default settings.
Restore Configuration Settings
To restore the configuration settings of your Netgear Modem that you have just reset to its default factory settings, you need to download the backed-up file that you have stored earlier:
- Unlock a default web browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the
- In the Addy of this web browser, you should type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://192.168.0.1 and a login screen will be displayed.
- You need to manage Your Network and enter the modem router user name along with the password.
- The user name is always admin for Netgear default login process. The password is always password for the default login process. Both of these credentials are case-sensitive.
- The BASIC Home page screen of your Netgear Modem displays instantly.
- Select the option from the menu tab ADVANCED >then get the option Administration >and then you may have Backup Settings.
- Now, you need to hit the Browse button and find the .cfg file. This is the file which you have backed-up in the beginning. The file carries all the configurational settings of your Modem router.
- Without any delay, hit the Restore button to download the saved file.
- The file will be uploaded to your Netgear modem router and the modem will be rebooted.