The Netgear wireless routers (routerlogin.net) are one of the best wirelesses networking devices that delivers a lightning-fast speed of several Gbps over its multiple frequency bands. The Netgear wireless routers have some of the best features loaded in them like the bandwidth management, network prioritization, media control, and parental controls etc.
Netgear Nighthawk X8 R8500 router
The Netgear wireless routers need to be configured before the users can use them otherwise the router is only a plastic box. What you need to do is just access the router’s Admin dashboard page through the web address www.routerlogin.net and provide the login details like the username and the password for which the default values are “admin” and “password”.
Updating the Netgear router through routerlogin.net
The router’s firmware needs to be updated from time to time and as soon as it is released. The firmware is actually the software through which the router receives any commands from the user. These commands can be for any purpose i.e. configuration, reset, login password reset of the router etc.
Follow the detailed guide mentioned below for updating the firmware of the router.
• Open the Netgear website www.netgear.com and navigate the cursor towards the support portal from where you can download the update file of router’s firmware.
• Mention the exact device serial model number so that the support portal can get you the download link of a correct firmware update for your router.
• Click “download the firmware” and save it in an easily accessible location of your PC.
• Now, open the web browser of your PC again and enter the web address www.routerlogin.net in its address bar and proceed.
• Enter the login username and password of the router that you have set or proceed with the default credentials mentioned above.
• Once you are into the home page of the router, look out for the system admin tab and click it. After that, click the router firmware tab.
• Now, click the update tab and select the browse button in the bottom centre part of the page.
• On selecting the browse button, locate the update file that you have downloaded earlier on your computer.
• Select and open the downloaded firmware update file to start the upload process. The upload of the firmware update will take a few minutes of time and you will have to wait for that.
• The router will get a reboot itself at the end of the update process. Just make sure that the reboot at the end doesn’t get interrupted in any case as it can lead to the malfunctioning of the router.
• You are now ready to use the router for some great networking experience.
Some important points to remember
• Always use the wired connection when updating the firmware of the router.
• Make sure that the power supply of the router isn’t interrupted in between the whole process as it can damage the firmware of the router.
• The update should be done on a regular basis.
• Download the updates for your firmware from the authentic sources only i.e. the Netgear official website.
Advantages of updating the firmware of the router
• Increases the data transmission speed over the wireless as well as wired network.
• Added parental, media, and network controls etc
• No buffer or lag while playing the high definition content on the removable devices like the gaming console and HD TVs.