MYWIFIEXT.NET- NETGEAR EXTENDER SETUP & LOGIN
How can we perform AX1800 4-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Extender Setup using the Netgear installation assistant?
To connect with the installation assistant, you are required to plug in the extender with the power outlet of your home. Wait till the LED of the extender lit up to the green, and if the LED is not blinking, then you have to press the Power button on, that is given over the extender. After doing this setup, you have to connect your device with the extender using an Ethernet cable. One end of the Ethernet cable should be plugged into the computer and another end should be connected with the device or the router that you are using for Wi-Fi connection although, the Netgear extender setup can be paired with any of the latest models of the router. To connect with your Wi-Fi-enabled device, go to Wi-Fi connection manager, there you have to find and connect with the extender network called NETGEAR_EXT. After connecting with the Wi-Fi-enabled device, the LED over the extender will turn to green. Now open a web browser from your mobile or computer, and follow the upcoming steps…
Steps that will take you to setup your AX1800 4-Stream Wi-Fi Extender Setup
- Input www.mywifiext.net or http://192.168.1.250 at the search bar of the browser, and the new page for your extender setup will be displayed to your computer.
- The “NEW EXTENDER SETUP” button should be pressed after getting the setup page. Now you have to complete the field that is to create an account with Netgear Genie application. The access point/Extender switch must be set to the extender and then click the continue tab.
- Before clicking the next button, you have to select the Wi-Fi network for your extender to stretch the network. If you want to extend only a single frequency band, then you have to clear one of the frequency bands from 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
- In the field of Wi-Fi password and IP address, you have to fill all these to credentials very carefully. It will be better if you will use the same SSID for your router and the extender on AP mode. After setting the new SSID and the username for your extender and the router, click the NEXT tab.
- It might take a minute or two to show the web page of your router. Now you can connect your Wi-Fi enabled device with the extender, by putting the SSID and the password that you have given to your extender.
- Before you move on to the next step, be sure that your Wi-Fi device is being connected with the extender properly. When you will click the continue tab, a web page will be displayed, that will confirm that the router is being successfully connected to the extender. Now the registration page will be demonstrated to your screen, after clicking the NEXT tab.
- Complete the registration field by giving the required details, then you will click the Finish button to complete the button. If you want to continue the Extender setup process without doing the registration, then you can skip the process by clicking at the link to skip.
- Remove the extender form the power outlet and move it to some other location. The distance between your router and the extender should not be more than half to the distance of your end device and the router.
- The device and the extender should be placed within the range of Wi-Fi signals from your router. Again plug the extender to the power source of your home and wait till the LED starts blinking.
- Try to move the extender away from the router, but it should be moved to the distance from where the LED will continue to blink. If the LED stops blinking that means you have to bring the extender a little closer to the Wi-Fi router.
- Connect your computer and the devices that you want to hook with the Wi-Fi, to the extender. If the devices are successfully connected with the extender, then those devices will start displaying the internet page.
How can we troubleshoot the issue of not connecting to the range extender through www.mywifiext.net?
While connecting to the range extender, you might get some error messages. These messages can be of different type with different internet explorer. The error can also be faced due to using a non-reliable internet website. If you are using the Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, the page will show the error, “Page cannot be displayed” or “You are not connected to a network.” If you are using Google Chrome then the error message will be like, “Unable to connect to the Internet. Google Chrome is unable to display the webpage because your computer isn’t connected to the Internet.”
Firefox users will get different messages, such as “Server not found. Firefox can’t find the server at www.mywifiext.net.” The Safari in the ioS devices will get an error message, saying that “Can’t find the server.” If by mistake you will enter a wrong web address that can take you to the third-party website or fraudulent, that can attempt to hack or steal your data and the login credentials. You can even lose all the important data of your computer, or they can even demand money in the lieu of providing service, but the NETGEAR provides you 90 days complimentary free service to its users and never demands money.
To troubleshoot, the issue of not getting connected to the www.mywifiext.net follow the below explained steps...
- Bring the extender to a close distance to the router. Your existing wireless router must be in running condition.
- Plugin the range extender to the power source of your house. The LED should start blinking at once that means the extender is ready to use now.
- The devices that you have connected with the extender should also show a blinking LED light. This shows that these devices have been receiving a proper internet connection from the extender.
- Open the web browser and enter the IP address of your extender that is 192.168.1.250. Or you can enter the web link of extender setup.
- If you still face any issue while connecting to the extender, then try using another web address or another browser. If you are using Google Chrome, then use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
- Clear the caches and browsing history will help you to connect with the range extender.
- Still not getting into your extender, then you must try the connection of your router and the extender with the Ethernet cable.
- Use the IP address 192.168.1.249 and the subnet mask 255.255.255.0. To assign to your computer a static IP address.
Configuring TCP/IP and making Proxy Settings will also you a lot to get associated with your range extender.