Default user name and the password are the credentials that you get when you purchase a WIFI router. These credentials are provided by the manufacturers as the inbuilt gateway for the installation and configuration of your router. But this does not mean that you run your WIFI router with this default credentials for a long time. It has to change just after you make the very first log in and installation because the default user name and password can be hacked by any cybercriminal, thus they can steal your entire data, including your pieces of information. While setting up the new password make sure it has the combination of some of the special characters, numbers, and letters. It called a strong password that none of the hackers can guess or crack easily. Let us change our user name and password from default to unique with the following mentioned steps.
Router login password and SSID change
- The browser that you use most frequently, should be entered into the search tag of the uppermost part of that browser.
- Router login web page can be acquired through the default login domain, www.routerlogin.net or http://routerlogin.com you are also free to use the IP address that is the most common IP for the most of the WIFI routers.
- It can be http://192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.2.1, etc. It will be entered at the same address line where you suppose to enter the default web domain of your router.
- Now you are at the basic home page of your router that you have got through the login of routerlogi.net page.
- This home page will authorise you to get the main menu, and find the option for wireless settings.
- Now you can see the option where you can change the user name of your Netgear WIFI router.
- Do not share any personal information, like your name, date of birth, mobile number, house number, name of the family members, because these details will be seen to others also when they will be looking for the wifi network.
- Then tap on the field where you see the option for the password change. Then type the strongest and desired password of your router.
Now, save the password of your router by hitting the SAVE option.
Routerlogin.net Visit Here